pineapple cilantro Moscow mule
This weekend was a food weekend to end all food weekends. So much celebrating and based on the scale, it looks like I gained about two pounds. Needless to say, I’m not too worried about it as this week marks the my return to serious training after a much needed post Manitoba Half cutback week (and yes, I know I still owe a few race recaps).
Friday was a bbq I hosted for a friend’s birthday. The menu included a festive beverage (see right), some key lime pie and some veggies and rib eyes on the Big Green Egg.
Even looking at this picture again makes me hungry.
The next day I had an impromptu bbq to attend at a friend’s sister’s place. The friend lives out of town now and decided to host a bbq so she could have a proper hangout with a number of people and they could get to meet her adorable, six month old twins. I made a rather divine vegan chocolate cake (the host’s son has a nasty egg allergy) with some super decadent whipped chocolate buttercream and a sweetened whipped cream filling.
Finally, I opted to make some macarons with the leftover egg whites from the Key Lime Pie I made. It was really humid and I wasn’t sure if they would turn out…alas, half did and half didn’t…figures. lol Keeps me from getting to cocky with my baking skills….though I must say, those macs may have not all turned out, but daaaaamn they are tasty!
So needless to say, it was a busy week in the kitchen, but oh so good. I plan on going on a bit of a baking hiatus so that I can try to shake the last six pounds I want to lose in order to be at racing weight for Dumbo Double Dare in September. only about 9 weeks to go! 🙂
P.S. I will post some recipes for some of the things I made shortly. 🙂
- 11 miles on a treadmill, 8:40 avg pace
- Generally speaking, I felt pretty good. Had a bit of an upset stomach about 3/4 of the way through that demanded a quick stop, but otherwise things felt great and I even managed to pick up my pacing toward the end.
- Didn’t do any post run rehab…was too focused on making s’mores croissants.
- 1.7 miles easy run
- Weights: single left dead lifts, sumo squats, dumbbell lunges, bicep curls, tricep extensions, seated row, lat raise
- 30/30/30 and herbie rehabd
- Feeling grateful for being discplined and doing weight training tonight.
- 2.58 miles. Wanted it to be a tempo run but legs were sore and tired from last two workouts. Power walked the remaining 39 mins until I hit an hour on the treadmill.
- 30/30/30 and herbie rehab.
- Feeling grateful that the pork tenderloin I made for dinner turned out amazingly
- 60 minutes of trx, herbie rehab, 30/30/30
- 40 min power walk. Legs simply felt like death warmed over…esp. after TRX.
- Feeling grateful for good company that is keeping me accountable for TRX and believe it or not, I’m already seeing the benefits.
- 4 miles at an avg. pace of 7:58!!!!! SUB 8s for four miles on average!! YAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!
- Feeling grateful that my work is starting to pay off…my speed is coming back.
- Zero. Got last minute tickets to see Garth Brooks!
- Feeling grateful that I got to see an awesome show missed being a victim of drunken violence by a hair.
Weekly run mileage: 14.2
Total run mileage: 352.54
- Zero. Plans changed and it left no time to run.
- Feeling grateful another birthday for one of my adopt a nieces.
- 10 miles. Average pace 8:40
- Feeling grateful this happened, but I wasn’t thinking it was. 🙂
- 3.0 miles that was supposed to be easy but I ended up running 8:16/8:17/8:11. I just felt the urge to run the stress of the day away, even though it hurt me after.
- Feeling grateful that I appear to be injury free despite getting t-boned on my drive to work. I am also grateful for the man who stopped and came forward as a witness to my accident and the fact that the cops who were a few about 50 metres away also came to my aid during the accident.
- 5.11 miles of speed work
- 8:43 (w/u)/7:48/8:48/7:39/8:52/7:38/8:56/7:36/10:20 (c/d)
- Feeling grateful for a number of things today….feeling grateful a friend hung with me while I did this speed work…because good grief did it feel horrible. I’m also feeling grateful that today marks the one-year anniversary at my new job and I am still alive.
- No fitness today – going out with some friends from high school to see a band we loved in high school…it’s going to be epic!!!
- Feeling grateful for pineapple mojitos and laughs and friends.
- 4.01 miles. Splits: 8:18/ 8:16/8:18/8:19
- Glad I got the run in as I had a lot of stuff to do tonight and I wanted to quit at mile two.
- Zero fitness. Not planned, but late night on Friday and early morning to volunteer for the Pride 5K this morning…left me feeling bagged..plus I had plans in the evening.
- Feeling grateful for fun nights with good friends.
Weekly run mileage: 22.12
Total run mileage: 315.40