So the last few weeks have not gone to plan. In Aus, I hoped to run, but the intense heat and jet lag made it near impossible for me to find the energy to run. Sadly this continued when I returned home…a very rough adjustment back to my regular time zone and then getting sick.
Fortunately I’m finally feeling better today and I hit the gym for an easy run and some light weights as I want to continue feeling better, not wear myself out further.
The following is a summary of the runs I did do over the past few weeks…and there is immense hope that I will get back into the swing in the next week or so.
- 3.12 miles with a friend at the gym. Just a chance to get in some last minute fitness before 23 hours in transit.
- Feeling grateful for vacation starting.
- 3.01 miles in crazy heat and rolling hills of the Sutherland Shire in Australia.
- Feeling grateful for the time to run and the change of scenery.
- 3.2 miles of crazy, seemingly never ending hills!!! In crazy heat. OMG.
- Feeling grateful for feeling the crazy burn of those hills…even if it meant I was sore for three days afterward!!!!!!!!
- 3.12 miles of trail running and one IMMENSE, seemingly never ending hill in the rain and the dark at Royal National Park Audley with my Aussie friend’s bestie. So. Much. Fun.
- So grateful for my Aussie friends and the kindness of their friends and family.
- 3.12 miles of post vacay running. Felt horrible.
- Feeling grateful that I made it home safely.
- 4.10 mile walk. Just couldn’t run after several days of next to no sleep.
- Feeling grateful to meet friends at the gym and to have moved. It would NOT have happened otherwise.
- 2.86 miles of running outside on zero sleep. Felt surprisingly good during and after.
- Feeling grateful for just feeling ok despite being completely and utterly sleep deprived.
- 3.12 miles with a short walk break on a 1% incline
- body weight lunges, sumo squats with a 22.5lb weight and 8lb medicine ball single leg deadlifts (need to start somewhere and I started small…bah).
- Feeling grateful that I slept 9.5 hours last night.
- 3.85 miles 10 and 1 intervals. Very sick this week and this is my return back.
- Experimented with a weight training plan I created on Friday. Might tweak it a bit more before I post it, but so far, so good.
- Feeling grateful that my illness that hit on Tuesday has finally subsided enough to let me move!!!
Weekly run mileage: 26.38 miles (obvs this time is more than a week)
Total Swim mileage: 5.13 miles (8.28 kms)
Total run mileage for 2016: 157.14 miles