- 3.11 miles. Had to stop a few times to blow my nose, but it felt pretty good to move my body for the first time in a few days.
- herbie the hip flexor rehab
- Feeling grateful for Sinutab sinus medicine. I took some this morning and it made me feel so much better. I’m not a big fan of taking pills, but these ones were a godsend.
- Weights in my tiny work gym at lunch (squats, lunges, one leg dead lifts, donkey kicks, rows, shoulder raises, bicep curls, push ups, herbie rehab (minus the stretching), ab work).
- run relatively hard 3.12 miles (I say relative because I still feel a bit bagged from the weights and from my cold)
- followed up the run with 1 mile of different drills around our indoor track (which is 10 laps to a mile. I jogged the curves and then “drilled” the straightaways
- high knees x3
- butt kicks x3
- strides x3
- easy jog for a lap to cool down.
- P.S. This was f@cking exhausting
- Feeling grateful that I pushed myself. I’m so ready for bed and I feel so good about myself.
- swim club – 65 ish minutes of swimming at swim club – not as much of a nightmare today. Swam 2000 metres, which is 1.24 miles…it was hard today. Have a major case of DOMS from yesterday and we had to do swim sprints- which is EFFING hard.
- Feeling grateful that my friend was feeling better and came to swim class tonight.
- zero. Frazzling, wickedly long (emotionally, mentally) work day. The thought of going to a gym and running, especially with some rather intense DOMS from Monday, well, I just…I couldn’t.
- Feeling grateful for my friends. They all gave me some good laughs today when I felt like just giving up.
- zero. another frazzling, wickedly long (emotionally, mentally) work day.
- Feeling grateful that it is almost the weekend.
- zero. Had curling lessons start up again and then I went out with a friend to a trivia fundraiser event – my team came in 4th of 25! 🙂
- Feeling grateful for the fact I have no commitments to anyone or anything this weekend.
- 3.25 miles and another 1.5 miles of walking to warm up and cool down, Legs feel rather heavy after so many days off.
- Feeling grateful that my Saturday was filled with friends, coffee, wine, a pedicure and baking.
Weekly run mileage: 10.48 miles
Total Swim mileage: 3.78 miles (6.1 kms)
Total run mileage for 2016: 36.09 miles