Happy Sunday! 🙂
Where the hell does the time go? Like, seriously….it feels like I was just planning my 30th birthday extravaganza yesterday….and yet, at the same time it doesn’t. So many weddings and babies have come since then…sadly neither of them were mine…but who knows what the future holds, right?
But…last year, just before my birthday, I started seeing Coach Tara ( a combo life coach/therapist), based on a recommendation from a dear friend. I can, without a doubt, say that I’m so, so, so happy that I made that appointment. Things are definitely not perfect, but things are definitely changing and moving in a positive direction and I have learned a ton and pushed myself outside of my comfort zone….and it’s pretty great.
I am one for lists and inventories and this post will be no different…..here’s some of the things I have done, thanks to Tara:
- Boudoir photo shoot–SUCH a massive confidence builder and so much fun. I highly recommend this experience to anyone. Oh and these photos are mine–no one else’s–which is what I like best about them
- I went out on dates with 5 different guys since December. Dumped three of them (the others were first dates that didn’t go anywhere, thank goodness)
- Dated one of those guys for several months…longest ever
- Managed not to re-engage my eating disorder with injury related weight gain
- I have a new job and appear to be succeeding so far
- Experimented with being more “open” when out and about–this is something I need to re-engage again, I think
- I stand up for myself now in a number of aspects in my life, where I wouldn’t in the past
- I take better care of myself–with “Lisa” time where I putter around the house, sleep, bake, whatever….just as long as it feels good
- When I am feeling kinda bad/sad/crappy/down, it doesn’t last as long as it used to
- I feel more confident…and prettier, smarter, energized…it’s still not where I would like it to be, but it’s so much better than where it was
- I can deal with my mother…it’s not fun, but I can do it now
I’m sure there is more, but this list feels pretty inclusive. I have no idea what 35 has in store, but I’m hoping I will continue to grow and learn from the highs and lows that life always has.