It’s one of the most fabulous days of the week–FRIDAY! WOOT!
This week has been a frazzling one at work…and not so great on eating as I made my favourite brown butter bourbon chocolate chip cookies this week and I believe I pretty much all of them in a few days…eek. But I did get to the gym daily…minus one day off.
For my Friday Five this week–I’m going to outline five goals I want to try and accomplish…they aren’t going to be massive, but they are all related to getting me back to feeling like a normal human being again and re-establishing some sort of routine.
1. Continue with the weight training. Though my quads are hating me right now, I am going to do my darndest to continue with doing weight training–even if that means doing it first before cardio so I’m not tempted to skip it.
2. Find a post work snack to keep me from caving into junk food. Any suggestions? I’m thinking maybe a lightly dressed bean salad–make it on Sunday night and snack on it for the week? Or maybe some of those little “power” bites? I really want to avoid crudité because I just find that to be sorta meh…but maybe it will work if I find the right dip….who knows. lol.
3. Make appointments with my sports medicine doc and an athletic therapist–see what I can do about this stupid injury…given that it is likely not a hernia like originally thought.
4. Try going to the pool for a swim–it’s been ages and it might prevent my shin splints from getting worse.
5. Find some easy dinner ideas for this week…be it a slow cooker meal…pasta…whatever…just make it quick, simple and at least quasi healthy.
Do you have any goals for the week ahead? Let me know!