A few lovely bloggers have nominated Lindsey and I for the Leibster Award–please do go check them out:
Becky at Run Becky Run
Kellie at Will Run for Ears
The questions below are Becky’s questions, with answers in italics:
1. What is your favorite “cheat” food?
Anything with potatoes and anything that I have baked.
2. What is one little-known fact about you?
I can’t stand over cooked eggs…especially if they are scrambled eggs.
3. Do you own any pets? If so, what?
No pets–am super allergic.
4. If you could run anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right now, any coastal location with a running path–Australia (Sydney), California, Hawaii, etc. as the weather in Winnipeg has been so horrible.
5. What’s your next race?
Winnipeg Police Service Half Marathon Relay in six days.
6. How did you get interested in running?
My dad was a runner when I was growing up and my friend Tara challenged me to run a half marathon when I finished grad school.
7. What’s your favorite time of day to run? Why?
Around 7pm in the evenings. I get a second wind around that time and I just enjoy my runs more.
8. Do you run with someone or a pet?
I tend to run solo.
9. If you could meet any famous runner, who would it be?
I have no idea. lol.
10. What song do you listen to most frequently while running?
Lately, it has been Get Lucky by Daft Punk.
The questions below are Kellie’s questions and my answers are in italics.
1. When/why did you start running?
Started running about 24 hours and five minutes after I finished my Masters degree–my dear friend Tara challenged me to finally knock “run a half marathon” off my bucket list. She gave me a year to train, I lost about sixty lbs and we ran Fargo in 2007 – before it was cool for Winnipeggers to drive to Fargo for that race.
2. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
You’d think it would be running related, but I it’s not. It would be my friendship with my friend in Australia. Despite the miles and ocean between us, we are still super close and try our best to see each other as often as we can. We have been lucky enough that in the almost 10 years since we met, we have met up seven times and number eight is coming up this October in Hawaii.
3. If you could pick anyone (famous or otherwise) to be your race day pacer, who would it be? Why?
My dad. He hasn’t been able to run for a really, really long time (stupid knee problems) and he misses it so much. It would be a dream come true to run and finish a race with him.
4. Disneyland or Walt Disney World?
Ooh..tough call. Walt Disney World has size and variety going for it, but Disneyland has some great memories of running and being with friends. So…maybe Disneyland by an inch. 😉
5. What would your theme song be?
Back in Black by AC/DC. This song gets me energized like no other…
6. What is your favorite movie?
Jaws. Closely followed by So I Married an Axe Murderer.
7. What is your favorite motivational quotation or mantra?
Your body will keep going long after your mind has quit.
8. If you could be anything, what would you be?
Hmm…a bakery owner, a sports medicine doctor and a rock star. 🙂
9. Why did you start blogging?
I blogged pre-Prairie Princess Runners as a way to help get me through a rough patch. Lindsey and I became friends through work, shared our mutual love for running, Disney, etc…and well, the blog sorta just happened.
10. What is your favorite thing about Disney? (I look forward to lengthy responses to this one! lol)
The wonder, whimsy and ability to feel like you are in a completely different place and feel like a kid. It’s probably the only place where I can walk around in sparkly face paint and Tinkerbell wings and not be looked at like a crazy person.
Oh and Splash Mountain. That is my most favourite ride of all time.
Now, I am going to be a bit of a lame duck and not tag anyone for completing the Leibster Award. I am only doing this, however, because so many people in my feed have been getting them and I have not kept track of who has and hasn’t been tagged. In lieu of that, I am going to provide a short list of some of my favourite running blogs:
Nicole at Pink Elephant on Parade
Kimberly at Black Dog Runs Disney
Lacey and Meranda at Fairytales and Fitness
Jenn and Moon at The Fairest Run of All
Kimberly at Mother Maker Marathon Runner