So began week five…a week where I thought running would be possible in short durations (apparently not). It’s also the beginning of a new month–can you believe it’s February already? This week’s goal was all about trying to run a five minute, pain free segment a few times, which I guess was technically a success, despite the fact that it was short lived. I also wanted to get back into my whole 30/30/30 drill, but I kicked it up a notch with a 40/40/40/40 variation where I included jumping jacks…or, well, will include jumping jacks when my Achilles lets me. In the meantime, I have replaced jacks with calf raises.
- Stationary Bike 45 minutes
- Super slow run 5 minutes (.49 miles) NO PAIN AGAIN!!! YEAH!!!!!
- Hot Hatha 60 minutes
- Bike workout got hijacked by a run club member who wanted some advice for her runs
- Run 8 minutes (0.91 miles). No pain, but a little tightness.
- Nothing. Apparently running 8 minutes last night was too much for my Achilles. Pain, pain, pain. #frustrated
- 45 minutes stationary bike
- stretching/rolling/ice –lots of pain today
- 45 minute stationary bike
Feb 3: Run Club!!!
- 40 minutes stationary bike
- stretching/rolling/ice (not as much pain today)
- 45 minutes on the stationary bike (my butt is so sore!)
- stretching/rolling/ice (no pain at all today except when doing my rehab exercises)
Total Miles for the week: 1.4 miles
Total Miles for the year: 56.12
High Moment of the Week: Workout out with an injured Run Club member on the stationary bikes three days in a row–was very motivating for both of us.
Goal for moving forward: Keep my sanity until next Wednesday (Feb 12) when I will try running again and see if I have to go back to the doctor.
Do you have a goal for the week ahead?