And no, I don’t mean 2,014 goals to accomplish. Hah! There are 14 goals I wish to accomplish this year–and not all of them fitness related….believe it or not. 😉 Though, let’s be honest, a good number of them are because that is how I roll.
1. Run 1,000 miles in the 2014 calendar year (averages out to 3.2 miles a day, 6 days a week, for the year).
2. Figure out what to do, career wise. I’m bored and I need a new challenge.
3. Own a place of my own….or at least start the hunt (given the crazy market).
4. Once and for all, master the art of making French Macarons.
5. Finish a triathlon–distance to be determined due to lack of a road bike.
6. Run 14 races in 2014 (note they will be of varying distances).
7. Run a race with Princess Lindsey.
8. Maintain my weight within +/- 5 lbs of my “feel good weight” (155lbs).
9. Find an organizational system that works for me. I am horrible for keeping things tidy…and I feel so much better when I am tidy.
10. Learn to make two healthy veggie side dishes a month, with seasonal veggies, leaving me with a rather large repertoire of healthy veggies recipes by year end.
11. I would like a few new PRs. Well, I would like FIVE (!) PRs, if I am honest. I know I will have two distance based PRs (having never run a 15K and a 10 Mile distance before), but I also want to improve my times for more common distances–like a half, a 10K and a 5K.
12. Send out hand written thank you notes when the correct occasion arises. They are the right thing to do and it’s something that I have not been very good at doing in the past.
13. I am going to work to generally lower my expectations of things, people, events, etc. I tend to expect too much, get my hopes too high and end up horribly disappointed. By having more moderate expectations, I will definitely save myself a lot of frustration and heartache.
14. Record the truly great and memorable days, moments, whatever wonderful things I experience, in my new Kate Spade journal. We all tend to remember the bad things and the good tend to fall to the wayside. I don’t want to do that anymore. I want to be able to recall the happy times in my life with all the detail that I can muster.
What are your goals for 2014? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. Happy New Year everyone! Hope all your dreams come true in 2014!