Here’s what I’m feeling grateful for this week:
1. Ran 5 miles at the gym. That’s the longest I have run in a month. Such a relief to have my running legs back, even if my speed has briefly disappeared.
2. It’s the start of a new week, and a new month. This weekend has been horribly frustrating and I’m rather glad that it is over so that I can have a reboot. 🙂
3. Managed to pack for my business trip tomorrow in 35 minutes.
1. I eventually made it to Edmonton and my plane didn’t crash in the blizzard.
2. I had a friend of a friend keep me company in Winnipeg as I waiting for my flight.
3. I made it to my hotel without crashing the rental car.
1. I made it to all of my meetings in Edmonton on time and without any car accidents (they don’t have the same road clearing skills as they do in Winnipeg…and my rental car doesn’t have snow tires).
2. I have not beat myself up too badly about leaving my sports bras at home and missing out on running for what will be three whole days…it’s going to hurt so much to go back to the gym on Thursday night.
3. Pear cider. Had some with my lupper (lunch+supper as I didn’t have time to eat lunch) and it was the first time in three years that I had Pear Cider–was brilliant and made me think of my last trip Down Under. Oh how I miss my Aussie friends.
1. Everything has gone super smoothly today, with lots of great feedback from people involved in my sessions. Maybe I’m not so bad at my job after all.
2. My pantyhose have not run yet–and they only need to last me another 6.5 hours until my last event is over.
3. I have warm boots, jackets and mittens. It’s pretty darn cold right now in Edmonton and I am feeling very fortunate to have all the warm clothes that I do have as I know that there are many who don’t have these things.
1. I flew home today.
2. I got my butt back to the gym today.
3. It’s Small Friday!
1. Had “liquid lunch” with my friend A. We sat and watched people scurry to and fro in the cold and it was so nice to be in a warm coffee shop, with hot lattes and good conversation.
2. I made it to the gym and ran 3 miles after 4 days off. Felt better than I thought it would. For that, I am really, truly grateful.
3. I had a really chill, but nice evening. It felt great after a long feeling week.
1. Finished a morning workout–was horrible. Muscles were sore from my time off, my head was throbbing (not sure why), felt foggy because of my migraine meds and all I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed. So thankful I made it and 98% of y workouts don’t feel this bad.
2. Epic cupcake decorating extravaganza with my friend L and her daughter, B. According to B, today was one of the best days in her life. This made my day. As did our “disco Vegas dance party” in her bedroom, complete with flashing lights and radio edits of Nicki Minaj, Taio Cruz, and so many other club classics.
3. I have a warm home and bed when it is minus 30 degrees Celsius…which is minus 22 in Fahrenheit. For those of you who haven’t experienced this, it is a brutal, inhuman cold that should only be experienced in small doses when you know that you have somewhere warm to rest your head.