This post is strictly for the girls–what do you do regarding underwear for your runs? I do a mixture of no undies for times when I am wearing running shorts with a built in pair of underwear and I wear underwear whenever I’m wearing tights (be it shorts, capris, etc). Also, if you do wear undies, what do you wear? Tech undies? Cotton? Thongs? Briefs? Boyshorts?
While I toured some Black Friday sales this weekend, I picked up a half dozen of Victoria’s Secret workout underwear.
Mine in the past have been tech material undies from Lululemon. Given the fact that they don’t like my thighs anymore, I have opted to buy mine from other companies–and Victoria’s Secret was the first that I came across that were on sale at 3/$33.
I tested them out on a five mile run on Sunday and overall, I really feel that these are winners and get the Prairie Princess Stamp of Approval for the following reasons:
- VPL–you cannot see these under tights. At. All. I was blown away. It was like not wearing anything. Super impressed. it’s probably because they are seam free and lazer cut.
- Dryness–the tag says quick drying and they mean it. They felt comfortable and dry during my run and were even comfortable to put back on after a quick bathroom break during my workout (this would normally feel like putting on a wet bathing suit, which is unpleasant at best).
- Fit–this was equally great. I never had to re-adjust them during the run. They stayed put and no issues with chaffing.
- Styles–they come in booty short style like these and thongs. I have yet to try the thongs
- Colours–lots of great colour options as you can see above.
Have you tried Victoria’s Secret workout undies? Or Rundies? Do you like a different brand? Let me know in the comments!