As promised, here is my list of gratitude points for the last week. There are no real rules to the gratitude challenge, post whatever makes you feel happy or you are grateful on the given day…by focusing on those great things, it makes even the worst days a little brighter.
1. I made it to the gym AND did my strength training program after a week hiatus, despite every fiber of my being not wanting to leave my couch.
2. Uninterrupted sleep. I slept for almost 10 hours and woke up today feeling amazing. I don’t think I have ever slept this long in my adult life without being sick. Such a great thing.
3. The Walking Dead. It is the only reason why I love Sundays now…especially since my Vikings are doing so poorly.
1. I found one last Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in the box of never dispersed Halloween Candy. I don’t think a piece of candy has ever tasted so good.
2. I finalized a last bit of plans and now I am getting to see or chat with a lot of people I haven’t seen in a long time this week. Such a wonderful thing to return back to after a stressful time.
3. I made it to the gym. This is impressive if only because my over-zealousness from the day before is hurting me big time today. Silly DOMS.
1. I celebrated my cousin’s 40th birthday with her over lunch today.
2. My office is finally warm enough where I can work without wrapping a blanket around myself or wearing fingerless gloves.
3. My homemade coffee is particularly delicious this morning–and it is NEVER particularly delicious.
1. I got to visit with and eat take out Chinese with my friend T–who is in town for “early Christmas” as she won’t be able to fly home for Christmas because she is preggers. This is the friend who inspired me to run and I am always thankful to have an opportunity to see her. The Chinese food, wine and dessert is an added bonus.
2. All the veggies I bought last week are still good. I have been functioning on convenience food for the better part of the last 10 days…maybe 12. I finally broke down and made myself a healthy lunch…and pretty much everything was still good. Thank you to the food gods and my humidity controlled crisper.
3. American Horror Story–it’s fun to get creeped out–and this show always delivers…and it delivers amazing action, too. This Coven season is probably my favourite of the three. If you are ok with scary things, check out this season.
1. Phone date with my other friend T (I have lots of friends with T-names) from grad school. We haven’t talked since summer, so I’m excited to chat with her.
2. I am wearing a three year old pair of wool pants from Club Monaco…they are a size 6…and I haven’t worn them in three years. This brings me so much more joy than it probably should….not because it’s a sign that I’m smaller again, but that I’m back to a healthy size and I did it in a healthy way (the first time was the antithesis of healthy).
3. The Minnesota Vikings finally won another game. They are now 2-7 for the season. *sigh* They need a new coach big time.
1. It’s Friday. Hooray! 🙂 Three day weekend is upon me!
2. I had breakfast for dinner–a delicious plate of bacon and eggs. I used to hate breakfast food as a kid and now I can’t get enough.
3. Craig Ferguson. No matter how stressful things have been over the last few weeks, this guy has kept me laughing, I have especially loved his comedic take down of Toronto’s Mayor–Rob Ford….aka the drunken stupor crack head.
1. Met up with an old friend for a coffee today. Was a lovely, good time.
2. My newfound self confidence and self esteem was really tested today….and I realized that these “muscles” are way stronger than I had realized.
3. I made the most delicious, layered brownies….with marshmallows, caramel….so delicious.
What are you feeling grateful for this week?