Squee! Upon this workday concluding my extra long weekend will begin. I am especially excited about this long weekend as I will be heading to Minneapolis, Minnesota with my dear old Dad to watch our faves, the Minnesota Vikings! What a great Thanksgiving weekend ahead! Yes, that’s right, it is Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. So if you are an American and want an excuse to to a test run of your favourite pumpkin recipe, use Canadian Thanksgiving as your excuse. 🙂
I have many wonderful plans for my time in the Twin Cities. A lot of them involve food–be it eating at my favourite restaurants (Hello Hell’s Kitchen for tasty breakfast) or hitting up Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods for my staples to bring back. I will also be hitting up the largest mall in the US, good ol’ Mall of America and a few shops in the downtown and Uptown areas as well for music, clothes, running gear, etc.
In order to be financially responsible, I have created a small list of items that I am hoping to find while I am stateside. These include:
- banana bread beer–saw it via a Whole Foods facebook post about Banana Bread Beer Pancakes. My mouth has been watering ever since.
- a thin, black, patent leather belt–I have been looking for ages and still kind find one I really like.
- bras– Victoria’s Secret may be in Canada, including Winnipeg, now, but the real secret was that the bras are much significantly more expensive here than in the U.S. Since losing weight over the summer, my bras fit horribly (bummer) and it’s time to get re-sized.
- a clearance priced swim suit–I need something for all this triathlon swimming training I plan on doing. The suit I currently use is from 2001 when I used to lifeguard as a student (and no, I am not joking…it really is that old).
- Trader Joe’s Wisconsin White Cheddar Organic Mac and Cheese–I need to get a lot of this stuff. It’s addictive and so much better than the fluorescent orange stuff. It’s especially good when you mix in cooked bacon.
- Asics Gels GT 2000’s (sale priced only). I’m a bit nervous about buying these new versions of my running shoes as reviews have been mixed. The old Asics 2100 series used to be significantly cheaper stateside, even without a sale. Since the redesign, the shoe price has gone up…hoping I might come across a sale so I can replenish my stock. I think I have only one pair of runners left in my “stash.”
- tea from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. They opened up one in the Mall of America and my grandma likes their strawberry tea…and well, Christmas is coming after all… 😉
- Bobby Brown gel eyeliner. The stuff is amazing, and yes, it is significantly cheaper stateside.
- cherry coke zero. This is a migraine must for me and my stash at home is gone, gone, gone.
Hopefully I end up finding these items. I also have an extra stash of cash for a little indulgence that is impractical/fun, if I find something worth the cash.
Anyway, I should get back to work–lots of stuff to do before I head out. Much love everyone and see you in a few days!
P.S. Skol Vikings!