Happy Small Friday Ya’ll!
I had an interesting night at the gym last night. Now that fall is in full force and the nights are several hours shorter, people are finding their way back to the gym. *sigh*
Not only does this influx of people mean that my chances of having a hot date with my favourite treadmill every night (do you have a favourite treadmill?) decrease dramatically, but it also means that I encounter people with no gym etiquette whatsoever.
What are some of the things I encounter? Here’s a top ten list:
1. Snotty tissues and candy wrappers in the water bottle holders of machines.
2. Machines/equipment that have clearly not been wiped down (got a handful of random sweat yesterday..ew)
3. People who wander onto the track, nearly causing a collision. Also, those who walk three abreast in the walk lanes, thus ensuring they take up a run lane too.
4. Gabbing for half an hour (or more) with other gym members or on your phone while using weight training equipment instead of just using it and moving on.
5. Asking me if I am done my sets on a machine/with a piece of equipment when I have only just started or just working in with me when I am taking a minute of rest from the machine without asking.
6. Expecting that the equipment is still “yours” despite the fact that you’ve walked a few laps and are chatting, standing no where near it, until I decide to use it and then give me dirty looks because I am using it.
7. People doing work with dumbbells/free weights right in front of the dumbbell rack. I don’t know how they don’t realize that they are in the way and setting themselves up for constant interruptions.
8. People stink from either too much or not enough body sprays/deodorants.
9. Naked sitting on change room benches, using hair dryers to dry themselves in intimate places (ew!).
10. Wet towels on the change room benches and counters–sometimes covered in bodily fluids instead of returned to the gym laundry service.
What are some of your gym pet peeves?
Anything weird happen at your local gym that should be added to this list?